(40 devices won) Microsoft Australia is Giving 40 Developers a Windows RT Tablet for Christmas in a December of Apps
Posted Monday, 03 December 2012 by Nick Hodge
UPDATE 21st December 2012 8:20am: ALL THE VIVO TABs HAVE BEEN WON!
A December of Apps Developer Challenge
Need that nudge to get your Windows 8 app dev on this December?
Well Christmas may have come early. How’s this for motivation…
Publish 4 Windows 8 Store apps this December and score an Asus Vivo Tab RT.
Get yours now!
How to Claim your Asus Vivo Tab RT
- Register as an Australian Windows 8 Developer
- When you’ve successfully published the new Apps as per the Terms and Conditions, and the Apps have passed Windows Store certification and are publicly available. Send us a link to the 4 apps.
- We will send you an Asus Vivo Tab RT
Terms & Conditions
- Qualifying apps must be published in the Windows Store between December 1st 2012 and 12 Midnight AEDST December 28th 2012.
- Publish 4 new apps for a Asus Vivo Tab RT. The offer is limited to 1 Asus Vivo Tab RT per developer.
- The sooner you publish your new apps the sooner you’ll receive your device. Devices will be delivered within 30 days of accomplishing the challenge.
- Apps must be new and published to the public Windows Store, and excludes updates to existing apps.
- This offer is only open to Australian based developers, over 18 years of age, who submit apps to an Australian registered Windows Store account.
- For budgeting purposes, this offer is limited to 40 x Asus Vivo Tab RT devices and is limited to 1 device per developer.
- Developers will need to have a valid Australian registered Individual or Company Windows Store account registered to be able to submit to the Store.
- Employees and their immediate families of the promoter, its retailers, suppliers and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
Status of the Challenge
In January, Nick Hodge will post a list of the successful developers via a blog post on http://lalaninja.com.au/.
Resources to help you succeed
To help with planning, http://w8.msdeveloper.com.au/pages/events.aspx please register your interest to participate in the “Windows 8 App Challenge 4 Apps for a Asus Vivo Tab RT #201212288” event.
Refer a Developer Buddy
If you have a developer or designer buddy you think would be interested in Windows 8 development then please refer them to http://w8.msdeveloper.com.au/ and pass on the details of this challenge.
General Tips for Entering this Challenge
- If you haven’t already done so, then register on Windows Store now. If appropriate, personal registrations are easier with less verification needed than a company registration.
- Keep initial feature set simple and quality high, especially if this is your first app; you can always add additional features in future updates.
- Post 11th December 2012: Ensure you have installed the latest Windows App Certification Kit (WACK) and other SDKs from Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) for Windows 8.
- Read the Windows App Store Guide. And read the “Avoiding common certification failures”
- Ensure you run the “Windows App Certification Kit” tool before submitting your app to the Store.
- Allow time for you app to go through the App certification process. This may take up to 5 working days.
- (added 5th December) Will the Windows Store holiday schedule mean we have a shorter period to submit the apps? From December 22nd through January 1st, the Windows Store team will have fewer staff on-hand, as team members spend the holidays with their families. We’ll continue to review and certify your apps during this time—it will just take a little longer. (source) The recommendation is to submit your apps with this schedule in mind.
For information on getting started building Windows 8 apps, support, training, blogs and more then head to http://wp.msdeveloper.com.au/pages/Resources.aspx